Learn why travelers of all ages and interests choose a European river cruise
River cruising offers something for everyone. Onboard Tauck riverboats, you’ll find couples young and young at heart… groups of friends and groups who share interests and alma maters… solo travelers, who know they’ll meet like-minded folks and experience genuine camaraderie in the friendly, casual atmosphere onboard… families with grown children celebrating special occasions in a fantastic way; and families with younger children traveling on Tauck Bridges family river cruises. From both the United States and other countries, our guests are fascinated by Europe from the Douro River running from Spain to Portugal, to the royally inspired Danube River and beyond, not to mention the arts, culture, food, and wine found throughout. Read on and be inspired… a river cruise experience with Tauck is impossible to resist.
1. Distinctively inclusive value. Shipboard accommodations and meals, shore excursions, and cultural entertainment onboard and ashore are all included without spending more on added fees or surprise expenses.
2. More active than you think. By day you can enjoy walking excursions or perhaps a bicycle ride or hiking, we are committed to maximizing your cruise experience by providing you with an opportunity to customize your journey with pace and activity levels that are just right for you.
3. Intimate travel. Riverboats carry far fewer passengers than ocean liners, enabling you to get to know one another without lines or crowds while spending more time exploring the sights you traveled so far to see.
4. Unpack once. Guests can experience a diversity of destinations without the hassle of having to change hotels… on a river cruise, you have the priceless convenience of your “hotel” traveling with you as you cruise from place to place.
5. A relaxing cruise without seasickness. No waves or rocking of the boat mean a stable cruise on calm waterways with ever-changing views along the way. Cabins are spacious, beautifully appointed, and carry on our tradition of providing more space per guest on Europe’s rivers.
6. Choice of shore excursions. Shore excursions are included – in all destinations you have a choice of sightseeing or an active excursion such as bicycling. All of our shore excursions have been carefully designed to appeal to different interests, pace, and activity levels.
7. Destinations that are off the beaten path. Explore with a local viewpoint as you visit places less traveled, where daily life is rooted in traditions and cultures authentically rich and inviting.
8. Nonstop scenic sightseeing. No matter where you are onboard, from all-outside cabins to public spaces with panoramic windows, shore-side views are within sight.
9. Diversity of sights and experiences. Castles, wineries, abbeys, gourmet markets, picture-postcard villages, art centers and more, each distinctive to the destination bring to life each destination visited along the way.
10. Going inland. Discover the heart of Europe in a way that is uniquely Tauck as we bring you closer to the people, stories, and traditions across the rivers of Europe with more time for in-depth exploration and personal enjoyment.